Tuesday, April 05, 2005

i don't trust this thing.

yesterday i had a delicious post all typed out for you to read wherein i recounted the tale of the harrowing walk i took around my old stomping grounds while spending sunday at my family's home in cascade, mi. i noted memories of apple juice ice pops, tree forts and haunted houses. i may have also mentioned that i was wearing ripped jeans and listening to my ipod at a rather high volume. then i proceeded to explain something that happened to me while rounding the corner of the block. that something was three 12-year-olds who were out playing basketball calling out to me as i passed something to the affect of "hey baby...how you doin..." i articulated how their comment had made me feel self-conscious and diminished and chastised any guys who actually thought that women enjoyed being greeted in that fashion. then i expressed my outrage and general incredulousness that a 12-year old would even have the nerve to speak to a 25-year-old woman in that manner. and then i lamented for a bit about these boys and wondered who was teaching them to be MEN. [sigh] and then i tried to redeem my dad's reputation by suggesting that, while i know he enjoys being the father of three girls, i think he would have raised some kick-ass boys who would have been respectful and kind and funny and never say things like "hey baby how you doin" to girls they'd never met. and then i think i said something really cheesy about how i appreciated all the real MEN who were reading this post who have always treated me with respect. then a single tear fell down my cheek. then i pressed "publish." then it told me there was an internal error and assured me that the bloggermaintenanceworkers were working hard to fix the problem. then i believe i clenched my fists in fury and cursed said bloggermaintenanceworkers in my head. then i curled up in the fetal position under my desk and whimpered for about 5 minutes. then i vowed to never attempt posting on this blog ever again.

all in a day's work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home