Wednesday, May 18, 2005

practice makes better.

there was a time in the not-so-distant past when i fancied myself a writer. after graduating from calvin and subsequently acquiring my first real job, i decided to invest the first fruits of my labor in a new laptop. i had planned to put this pricey asset to use by writing screenplays and articles and poems and short stories in my spare time. i had the best of intentions. but i soon learned that when you spend your entire workday staring at a computer screen, the last thing you want to do when you get home is stare at one some more. and so my lonely laptop sits submissively on my desk every day while my writing skills diminish in spite of it. [and no thanks to the style of composition i must observe at my job.]

that is part of why i started this blog. for practice. and so i could have a more formal and somewhat official place to publish my leisure writing, heretofore contained only in my yahoo mail outbox.

i realize, however, that some of my posts [while dexterously composed] might not be all that entertaining for the general public [sarah koeze] to read. and since i also fancy myself an entertainer, i would like to commit to confining the remainder of my posts this week to one sentence apiece. starting now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home